newfs is a lifestyle footwear brand and a 100% subsidiary of Seiz Consulting GmbH
Detailed career progression
Reiner Seiz, former member of board of directors of the MDAX-company PUMA SE, was born on 27.06.1963 in Frankonian Hochstadt am Main.
The First Pair of Shoes
In addition to receiving a degree as footwear technician with an emphasis on design and patternmaking, Reiner Seiz also studied to become a footwear producer to not only learn about the creative side, but also the technical side of shoe production.
After successfully finishing his studies, he began to work in the casual footwear industry, where he got recognized as a designer and patternmaker in the upscale men’s footwear industry.
Beginnings at PUMA
In 1989 PUMA AG recognized him and hired him as Chief Designer footwear. His task was to rebuild and strengthen the design department and to integrate freelance designer into the inside process at PUMA AG. During that time period he also designed some best sellers.
Furthermore, he quickly got put in charge of development, which led him to Asia, where he developed some crucial product innovations for PUMA.
From Designer to Sourcing Manager
As a result of his diligent studies and expertise in the technicalities of footwear production, he was given the task of sourcing manager and materials in Europe. Therefore, he was responsible for choosing the suppliers, quality assurance, pricing and on time delivery of all footwear that was produced in Western and Eastern Europe.
In 1993, he was in a leading role during the development and introduction of Puma’s new global sourcing structure. From that developed the sourcing organizations of Asia, Europe and the United States. Thereby, he took over the leadership at the sourcing office of Europe. In addition to being responsible for “Design and Development – Footwear”, he became the “Head of Sourcing Europe” in 1995 and was, thus, also responsible for the sourcing of apparel. Furthermore, he was given the task of building up the accessories department. This position included the product management, design, development and the sourcing of bags and balls internationally.
In 2003, his promotion to “General Manager Global Sourcing” proceeded. In this position, he was given the control over worldwide sourcing. Therefore, he was responsible for the production of all footwear, apparel and accessories. He did not only lead the sourcing strategy, but also the implementation of the PUMA sustainability strategy.
From Sourcing Manager to Board Member
The appointment to “PUMA Group Executive Committee” took place in 2006.
In the time period between 2008 and January 2013 Reiner Seiz was a member of Puma’s board of management as “Chief Supply Chain Officer” (CSO). Through that he had direct responsibility over the management of the company and the corresponding board decisions.
It included the global sourcing, implementation of the cooperation-wide sustainability strategy and was expanded by adding the new department of supply chain management. His task, at that time, was to form regional supply chain teams in order to create efficient processes and minimize inventories and improve margins.
Brief Comprehensive Achievements
Comprehensive tasks responsibility over cooperation as board member
- Involvement in M&A projects and integration of new brands
Installation and administration of an efficient, service oriented, global sourcing organization with offices in Europe, Asia, North America and South America
- Conceptual design and introduction of global sourcing controlling systems
- Development, introduction and implementation of global price and quality strategies
- Conceptual design, technical implementation, installation, and management of a product development center in Vietnam
Global supplier strategies as well as the introduction of a selection and assessment system, the strategic management of suppliers with annual “Supply Summit” and “Supplyer of the Year Awards”
Implementation of the cooperation-wide sustainability strategy
- Expansion of the “PUMA.Safe-Team” to implement and control the strict PUMA social standards and to uphold ecological and environmental goals, at Puma as well as at the suppliers
Establish a consultancy company with focus on Supply Chain Management, product development and sourcing as well sustainability in the sector fashion- and lifestyle.
- Development of a global sourcing strategie taking sustainability standards in consideration
- Design, development and sourcing of sport- and lifestyle collections for various well known brands.
- Develop a masterplan to implement footwear as a new category for a big fashion dealer.
- Health Check for the development and sourcing of a sporting goods brand during an M&A project
- Foundation and implementation of a sneaker brand from the logo development, the production creation and realization to the sales and logistics.